Monday, June 10, 2019

A Safe Space Invasion


            I have criticized institutions of higher learning for creating safe spaces to protect sensitive students from ideas or speech that they might find offensive. Snowflakes, I’ve called these fragile souls. Well, I’m afraid I need my safe spaces, too, because I am offended by the pervasive immorality of our entertainment industry.

            Two seasons ago I began watching a show called “Designated Survivor,” a series about a good man who becomes president of the United States after the Administration and Congress are wiped out by a terrorist act. I thought it was a good show. I watched the second series as well, although it lacked the drama of the first. I thought the third, which I started watching last week, would be better. I was wrong. I was not only disappointed—I was offended.

            The third season of “Designated Survivor” had become Hollywood’s latest propaganda for non-judgmental tolerance of moral depravity. By the end of the third episode, viewers had been treated to a wide range of fornication: between a Chief of Staff and his mistress, between a female campaign manager and a gigolo, plus a Vice-Presidential candidate two-timing his live-in girlfriend with a White House staffer, To top it off, the show lingered on the orgasmic coupling of two black gay men. I shut off the TV and will never watch another episode.

            Call me a prude, a racist, and a homophobe, if you will. But I was disgusted by what I saw and upset with myself for allowing such garbage to pollute my safe space.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment