Friday, September 23, 2011

The Orlando Debate

For whatever it's worth, here is my evaluation of the Republican candidates following their debate in Orlando last night.
Winners:
1. Romney. Handled himself with aplomb, especially when fending off accusations from Perry. This guy is appearing to be more and more solid.
2. Huntsman. I expect his poll numbers to rise. He has the right perspective on domestic affairs and is by far the strongest on foreign affairs. A sleeper.
3. Cain. All his answers were right on. I'm not so sure his business expertise carries over into international affairs.
4. Gingrich. The brightest of them all. He proved it once again. Too bad he has so much baggage.

Losers:
1. Bachmann. A lightweight on every level. Her hour is past.
2. Paul: I love his acumen. If only he could get off his campaign against the Fed. His anti-war stand scares me.
3. Santorum. He has passion. No question about that. But is he a realist?
4. Johnson. I'd love to give him one year in the White House to clean up Washington. Otherwise, he is too scary for me.
5. Perry. I was a fan of his even before he declared. Now that I've seen more of him, I have to conclude that he is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. Good record on jobs in Texas. But there has to be more than that to restore my initial opinion of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment