Friday, November 1, 2013

Trust


            The words "In God We Trust" appear on the back of every bill in my wallet.  This reminds us that our Founders believed that we could rely on a higher power to watch over us.  Now, I'm sure our increasingly secular society would love to eliminate any reference to God, not just on our currency, but in every aspect of our daily lives.  But if we can't trust in God, who can we trust?
            The answer we get from the Progressives in this country Is...Government.  After all, government knows what's best for us.  The latest example of that Progressive dogma is ObamaCare.  The law and its thousands of pages of regulations smack of an arrogance that belittles everyone seeking a solution to health care.  You want a simple policy that covers only catastrophic illnesses?  Not good enough.  ObamaCare has something better for you.  Even though you're a childless single adult you still need pediatric dental coverage;  if you're 60 years old you still need maternity coverage.  It may cost you a lot more, but that's what fairness is all about.  A talk with someone in the Administration might go something like this:

            __ We know what's best for you. Trust us. 
            __ Wait a minute!  I thought the president said that if I liked my health plan, I could keep it, and that no one will take it away, no matter what.    
            __  He did say that, but he just forgot to add that your policy had to meet the standards set forth in the ObamaCare regulations.  Just a slight omission.
            __ And didn't he also say that I could keep my doctor? 
            __ True.  But some doctors are refusing to participate in the program.  So you might not be able to keep yours.  It's not your fault: it's your doctor's fault.
            __ But will my costs go down like the president promised?
            __ I believe you are being a little selfish about this.  We need you to pay more so that people with no insurance can get it for free with government subsidies.
            __ So was the president lying when he promised I could keep my health plan and my doctor, and that my costs would go down?
            __ Of course not.  He was in the middle of a re-election campaign and he didn't want people like you to get upset and not vote for him.  In politics there is no such thing as a lie.  It's just politics.
            __Oh, thank you.  You had me scared there for a minute.  So I can really trust the president?
            __You bet.
            __Good. 'Cause I really like his smile.  So where do I go to sign up?
            __ The president gave you an 800 number to call.  Just dial that number, and a nice person who knows what's best for you will help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment